My name is Daniel McNeil, doing business as emotiongraphics. I am a designer and developer residing in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. My career is creating compelling experiences through state of the art animation and user interfaces for Fortune 500 brands and beyond.
Through agencies large and small, I've worked on a great many brands. My prime focus has been on Rich Media, but have diversified my skills by working on sites and apps. Some select brands: Google, HBO, AOL, Volvo, MTVN, Mars, P&G Brands, Snapple, Revlon, Maybeline, Atari, Merck, Novartis, Tom Petty, Marriott, Gucci, FedEx, AT&T, Mazda, Microsoft, GE, etc. Examples of agencies are: Publicis, Bossa, CheckM8, Grey, McCann, Digitas, Deutsch, Organic, etc.
My core strength is in combining a refined sense of tasteful aesthetics with core engineering and problem solving abilities to create exceptional user experiences. I excel in Agile environments and am a team leader committed to excellence.
- Expert in Flash, OOP AS3, timeline animation, 3D, video, extensive Rich Media experience on multiple Ad platforms
- Photoshop CC - Knowledge of all optimization strategies, skill with pen tool, color correction, knocking out images, designing web-ready comps
- Illustrator, After Effects, Edge/Animatior, Audition
- Logic Pro, Processing, Pure Data, MAX/MSP
- Command line GIT, SVN
- JQuery, Skrollr, GS Tweening libraries, etc.
- Flash OOP AS3 & animation, Flash integration with video and asyncronous server interaction
- Extensive experience with the Google Maps API
- MEAN - MongoDB, Express.js, Angualar.js, Node.js, Intermediate knowledge
- PHP, MySQL, and an in depth knowledge of the WP platform
- Experience with Cordova/PhoneGap in both XCode and Eclipse in addition to Build.PhoneGap
- Token knowledge of C, Objective C, studying Swift
A small sampling of selected work.
I was a team member on CitiBike mobile app project at Publicis Modem. I developed animation (JS/Edge), UI (CSS/jQuery), and worked with Google Maps API for a rapid prototype developed for PhoneGap/Cordova with js/jQuery, deployed on iOS and Android. Had considerable input on UX decisions. It should be noted however, that I worked on the first generation rapid prototype, and not the final app that was released a year later due to the bike manufacturer Alta’s issues with the station software.
MTVN - Non-Linear Branded Scrubber Ad Unit
I teamed with CheckM8 to create the flash component of the Gucci Experience, placed on the New York Times homepage. I built a dynamic xml driven template that integrated with CheckM8’s in-unit full shopping experience. The ad ran on the New York Times homepage over a six month period.
The SimsI created a full page takeover of the MTV and Addicting Games homepages for The Sims 3, with assets provided by The Sims Studio. The campaign was covered by the NYTimes.
Banners, banners, banners!Display, rich media, expanding, video, tabbed, IAB compliant, corner peels, takeovers, roadblocks, web cam, drawing, 3D... Banners are advertising.
Limited time offer:
FREE 2-LITER BOTTLE OF PEPSI WITH ANY RICH MEDIA CAMPAIGN!*
* Maybe not.
- Emmy Nomination for “Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Non-Synchronous Enhancement of Original Television Content”(2006) for “Crime. Organized.” — The Sopranos Google Maps Mashup. Developed while freelancing at Deep Focus. Lead Deveoper: JS, HTML, CSS, Flash, Maps API.
- COMARTS Design Interact Site of the Week for Snapple, developed while freelancing at Deutsch Advertising. Lead Creative Technologist
- Macromedia Shocked Site of the Day (Feb 1998) for "Shoppin’ Frenzy", an early AS1 Flash game, created while fulltime at Bullseye Art.